Sunday, June 3, 2012

Welcome

 Living in the Fort has afforded us the greatest opportunity to not only enjoy the outdoors with beautiful views, but incorporate family time and exercise.  This blog is meant to help you as a Mom, Dad, or caregiver enjoy the many parks and trails Fort Collins offers.  I was inspired today while on the bike pulling 100 pounds of my kids along the Spring Creek Trail.  Light bulb!!!  "I should write about the parks and provide you a review of each park that is accessible via bike trail."

 So here I begin a new adventure.  It is my hope that it will encourage you to explore, be able to make informed decisions, and have fun with your children and family.  My children are growing fast (5 and 2 1/2)  and pretty soon I won't be able to pull them along, and because they weigh so much now, I probably won't be able to go as far as I used to, but I shall try and make it as far as possible and review as many parks as possible over the summer.  I like goal setting, and my goal is to visit one new park a week.  I have been to almost all parks in the city with the kids, however, now I am looking at them from a different angle.  I will provide pictures, discuss pros and cons of the playgrounds and facilities.  I will talk about how age appropriate each one is.  And of course will let my own kids weigh in on their own likes and dislikes.

Since we practically live next door to Spring Canyon park, I will begin my reviews there and work my way along the Spring Creek Trail.  I will use Spring Canyon as m starting point for each adventure and give mileage from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment